TENNIS COURTS BUILT BY TENNIS PLAYERS FOR TENNIS PLAYERS
Gerald Perry Tennis Company was established in 1953. At that time, Gerald Perry was working as an engineer and inspector in the street and sewer line department for the city of Springfield, Missouri. As a nationally ranked player and past professional, Gerald was asked by the Springfield Parks and Recreation Department to design specifications for and supervise the construction of six tennis courts in Phelps Grove Park.
The Phelps Grove courts were very well received and people throughout the Midwest began to ask for his help with their tennis court projects. In 1961, Gerry Perry started working with his father. In 1990, Gerry took over the Company when his father died. In 1991 Gerald Perry Tennis Company joined the United States Tennis Court and Track Builder Association, and in 1994 Gerry became a Certified Tennis Court Builder. Gerry is currently a board member of the USTC & TBA and the National Public Parks Tennis Association. He is currently very active with the United States Professional Tennis Registry. Gerry also serves on the technical committee of the United States Tennis Association.
Carla Magers is the current owner of Gerald Perry Tennis Co., Inc. Carla began the purchase of the tennis company in 2001, with Gerry Perry remaining as a consultant. Carla, our on staff Certified Tennis Court Builder, has been with us since 2005.